How to better your short game without changing your technique
Over the years I have given many short game lessons. Pitching, chipping, bunker shots, putting you name it, I have given advice on it. Some golfers change their technique and get better, some golfers have good technique but still struggle around the green. WHY?
This is what I do when planning and playing a shot around the green.
1. Pick an area where I can/want to land the ball.
2. Imagine how far the ball will roll if I land the ball in the spot that I picked.
3. Choose a club that will give me the result that I visualised.
4. Make a few practice swings to get comfortable and to reinforce that I can execute the shot that I visualised.
5. Visualise the shot one last time.
6. The only thing I concentrate on now it the place where I want to land the ball. I do not think about the Pin!
7. Make a confident swing at the ball because I trust my preparation.
Most golfers do not plan their shot, it is mostly a hit and hope situation. It does not have to be that way. Follow these few steps and you will lower your handicap without changing your technique.
For any other information about golf in general please contact me 0827643044 or email@example.com.
PGA Head Golf Professional