144 ladies from 28 Clubs around SA and the UK joined us!
The Pam Golding Ladies Open Weekend was defined in one word by one of the attending guests, "Gees" (spirit). There most definitely some great Gees as the ladies rocked on and off the course. The Hawaiian theme on Saturday night turned the veranda into a giant Luau. This was after some fine play on both courses. Peter, the Greek, aka Carlos Santana, played the night away and the dance floor was packed before dinner. I had to sit the ladies back down just to eat and salute the raffle winners and best-dressed on the night.
Sunday featured a little participation by Mother Nature a she was moving a much-needed rain up the coast from CapeTown. Fortunately, the precipitation held off until Tuesday with nearly 50mm falling at the Links,
The players were encouraged to give their best on the par-3's as great prizes were on offer for the weekend. Our insurers, Bay Estate, and principal, Nick Keary, sponsored the insurance for a new VW "UP" on offer for the first Hole-in-One on our 17th. Annemarie de Raay offered a R5000 voucher for her shop with the first ACE on the 10th at St Francis Bay.
There were 18 prizes to be won over these two days. The outstanding golfers who won first prizes on both courses were:
- St. Francis Links: Betty Engler and Jenny Elliot (PE golf Club)
- SFBGC: Sunet Venter and Alix Verrips (Knysna)
- St. Francis Links: Ros Botha and Carol Pitt (PE Golf Club)
- SFBGC: Melissa Palmer and Gillian Whitehead (PE Golf Club)
The overall prize winners for the weekend were Ros Botha and Carol Pitt
The Overall winners, in addition to winning a free entry to next year's event, they will be traveling to San Lameer Golf Estate on the Natal South Coast for two days of golf with partners and to night's accommodation in the Villas on the estate. We want to the GM and former PGA Professional of the Year, Meyer DuToit and Estate Manager, Pine Pinaar, for arranging the trip away and for their generous support of the event!
Special Thanks to our contributing sponsors
Pam Golding Properties
Aqua Spa & Skin Clinic
Bard ‘au & Co
Dirk Ellis Volkswagen
Marketing Manager DEVW
Bay Union Insurance
Glo Beauty & Body Boutique
Hibiscus Health & Beauty Studio
Pop Inn Beauty Bar
St. Francis Bay Golf Club
St Francis Links
Village Square Super Spar
St. Francis Chronicle
See you next year, Ladies!
I would like to thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Even the wind did not spoil the weekend.
Food was great our evening at the Links was awesome
The prize giving at the Bay was great and
The food at the Bay was yummy!
Once again this is a fantastic weekend and I am so pleased to have been part of the golf and festivities. It is wonderful to see the “gees” or spirit it generates amongst our golfing community.
Member News and Events
DOMESTIC WORKERS – NOW AND IN SEASON
Wednesday and Year-end Awards - this Wednesday- 22nd
Member Golf News
• Members in agreement with amending the competition fees to R50 once a month for the draw
• If member that wins the draw is not at prize giving, they will revoke set prize and prize will roll over to the next draw
• Joker draw where tickets are purchased (R5) and then drawn for a chance to turn the Joker - accumulating pot with sponsosored prizes as well (monthly)
Comps throughout the year
• Gross Eclectic
• Betterball scores over 15 games
• Match play
• Knock outs (single, pair, mixed)
• St Francis links golf team offer to administrate members road trips including accommodation, assisting with the process
Please. Please, Please note: When traveling for golf, let us do the introduction and establish the best rate.
Tee Sheets (Wednesdays)
• Prize giving to commence at 6pm (work backwards from 12h30)
• 2 tee starts – men and ladies finish at the same time
Monthly Programme for Wednesday play
1st Wednesday - Make your own fourballs or enter the draw
2nd Wednesday - Open Wednesday - special prices for members bringing guests on the day
3rd Wednesday - Drawn Fourballs - enter the men's, ladies' or mixed draw.
4th Wednesday - Monthly Road Trip or enter the draw (this month - Nov 22, Fynbos)
5th Wednesday - Make your own fourball or enter the draw
There is more worth reading!
Happy Happy to all of our members with birthdays this week
14 November - Judy Errington
17 November - Kevin Hellon
18 November - Scott Keevy
19 November - Jan van der Mesch
20 November - Gill Idris, Hendrik Botha and Kevin De Kock
21 November - Graham Hall
Click HERE for the entire Festive Season Itinerary!
More to remember!
This was our best year to date in almost every way:
- We finished our 120th home on the estate (55% permanently occupied)
- 21 homes have been completed this year.
- 9 homes are under construction
- 20 homes are in the planning or application stages
- We are financially sound with great lifestyle choices for the entire family
- We just played our most rounds in a single year!
- Our golf rounds featured golfers from more than 20 different countries - from Wisconsin to New South Wales
- Over R1M raised for charity this year
- We moved up in the nation ratings to No. 7 in Golf Digest
- The UK rates us No. 6
- The Swedish press rate us No.4
- With our members, No. 1
Don't stop yet! New Events are listed below!
Itec are our sponsors for OPEN Wednesday (2nd Wednesday) with meat and added prizes. Invite your friends to enjoy SA’s best with special rates for golf, snacks after the game and great prizes – Hey, Curry Night follows – stay or take away!
Monday Roll-up! Pitch up and play (9 holes or 18 Par-3 from 2pm) let's add you to the What's app group
All day Saturdays: Morning and afternoon fields - the afternoon field will be booked from 12 noon backwards with emphasis on "ready golf"
Nov 22 Wednesday School Party after golf (Awards Night)
Nov 27 Windhoek Lager International Pairs (here)
Nov 29 Road Trip to Fynbos
ST FRANCIS LINKS “MAJORS-SPECIAL EVENTS” & RESULTS FOR 2017
Jan 2-3 Men’s Member-Member, St Francis Bay wins by .18 of a point! Well done!
Jan 7-8 The Pam Golding Annual, Derek Ryan and Scott Keevy, Champions
Mar 11 Greensomes over 18 holes (NEW) Sandra Marais/Ingvild Stiansen; Mauro Nettl/Yan Coesens
Apr 28-30 Club Championships - Ralph Richardson and Helen Bridges, Champions
May 7 Inter-Estate Challange (St Francis Links)
May 18-19 Woodlands' Dairy Golf Days for HOSPICE R400 000-00 raised for Hospice
May 20 Stulting School Day R280 000-00 raised on the day
May 27 Foursomes over 18 holes (NEW) Margot McGregor and Dr Lynn Slogrove, Champions
Jun 3 Ladies' Invitational Dr Lynn Slogrove and Noeline de Ridder, Champions
Jun 10 Sanlam – Links Qualifier
Jul 2-3 National Junior Order of Merit Wilco Nienaber, Champion (ranked No. 3 in SA)
Jul 20-23 Men’s Invitational Derek Ryan and Pieter Jerling, Champions
Jul 23-25 The Annual "Road Trip" Brian Wessels, Individual and Pards Cup Champion
Aug 6 Sanlam Cancer FINALS at St Francis Links, Gillian Hammond finished 2nd Nationally
Aug 8-23 Spring Programme – Course and Clubhouse Closed
Sep 29-Oct 1 Links Cup - South Africa (29-19)
October 5 Els for Autism at St Francis Links R232 000 raised on the day
Nov 11-12 Pam Golding Ladies OPEN Weekend (ALMOST FULL)
Dec 2 Ladies' Member-Member (PLEASE ENTER)
Every Great shot starts with a SMILE
The St Francis Links Team