By the Numbers - our annual review!
The Holiday in Review!
Well, aside from a couple of "perky" days - 2 which fell when the course was closed (Xmas and New Year's), the course was active, the Club was active, the special events were well supported, the charity days were financially beneficial for the recipients; and the staff, our TEAM, most of them, performed and survived to tell the story. While we weren't perfect with the occasional order that came late or the fourball that lost the plot, compliments from so many, indicate that we were pretty darn good at making memories and surpassing expectations!
In the holiday, we
- played 3005 rounds of golf
- filled 2195 seats on our cart fleet
- witnessed 4 perfect shots with one ACE (Johan Serfontein's) going viral after he passed on our FAKE invoice to friends. Benn Cunnigham became our youngest Hole-in-One'er at 9 years young
- sold 662 halfway breakfasts, 332 halfway burgers, 644 orderes of fries, 182 Chicken and mushroom homemade pies and 1017 toasties
- served 6163 breakfast and drinks in the Club
- sold 923 Whiskys - 200 Jamiesons
- sold 5474 beers led by Castle Lite with 2497
- peaked with 888 parkrunners
- returned 5024 used balls to the bush where they were re-collected by a few of our active members
- have 170 more ambassadors are walking around in our St Francis Links Caps and hats - most with their name embroidered
- sold more that 1200 glasses and bottles of wine
- served 400 Jagermeisters (probably 20% to Percy for penalty "shots")
- 266 Cuervo's - usually late and never just one!
- 1 Great team that gave their all!
At the AGM, we had some updated 11 YTD numbers, as well -
8 Kilometres of fencing
9 The age of our youngest hole-in-oner
19 Boreholes Maintained
22 Kilometres of verges maintained twice a month
25 Kilometres of roads maintained
48 Hectares of grass mowed (excl 70 house lawns)
49 Cameras monitoring the club and estate
81 Tee boxes maintained 3 times a week
124 Homes completed
144 Holes in one to date (72 on the 17th hole)
500 Contractor workers on the estate during busy building periods
988 People enjoying Easter Sunday Lunch
2607 Enjoyed New Years Eve at the Links Clubhouse
2818 People who have enjoyed Christmas Lunch at the Club
4405 Conference Delegates
10747 Burgers Served
15024 Pies & Gravy Served
17188 People into St Francis Bay because of St Francis Links weddings
22292 Curry night guests served
A timely meeting in Cannes
Two of our appointments at the International Golf Travel Market were with representatives from Leading Courses and those meetings led to revisiting our position and representation with them on their website. After the good interaction and our commitment to get more involved, they chose to feature us for the 1st week of January on the website, their Facebook page, Instagram and twitter posts - to their clients around the world - the value is substantial. We have had only 24 reviews compared to Fancourt and Pinnacle Point and I am asking for your support - take the time to "share the love" in a review! It WILL bring more visitors to the Links!
Every month, over 350,000 golfers check the 20,769 golf clubs, 24,754 golf courses, 354,114 reviews and 98,443 photos on Leadingcourses.com, the largest golf course review site of Europe.
From their website
As the European Tour starts its 2018 season in South Africa, we bring you a South African Homepage Spotlight. It's the beautiful St Francis Links near Port Elizabeth!
9 - Charl Van Wyk, Paddy Thompson, Roselio Dias
10 - Annamarie Vlok, Denise Perry
11 - John Hanley, Valdemar Christiansen
13 - Maree Bester, Theo Potgieter
14 - Keith Johannes
15 - Jacoba Van Rooy
16 - Brian Cunningham
More to Come!
Itec are our sponsors for OPEN Wednesday (2nd Wednesday) with meat and added prizes. Invite your friends to enjoy SA’s best with special rates for golf, snacks after the game and great prizes – Hey, Curry Night follows – stay or take away!
Monday Roll-up! Pitch up and play (9 holes or 18 Par-3 from 2pm) let's add you to the What's app group
All day Saturdays: Morning and afternoon fields - the afternoon field will be booked from 12 noon backwards with emphasis on "ready golf"
Monday Men's Book Club - 5pm in Jack's Bar (no reading required)
Ladies' Tea (and Coffee) - Every Tuesday at 10am on the Veranda
January 10 Kalos Cruise Ship Tour (72 pax) - Member golf at 2pm
January 17 ITEC Open Wednesday - Special prizes and Special fees (with snacks)
January 15-18 Main Kitchen Closed
January 20 Windhoek Pairs (3rd Qualifying)
January 24 Golf Shop DRAW - enter by phoning in
St Francis Links Majors and Special Golfing Events
Check this out - 1-stop shopping!
Every Great shot starts with a SMILE!
Santa and the Links TEAM